Junior Database Administrator
You will join our DB2/SAP Database Team
The Database Operation department consist globally of 50+ operation employees that are skilled in MS SQL, Oracle and DB2 and are offering both operational and consultancy support. Your new team is part of the SAP Basis Operations, which handle 1st,2nd and 3rd level task for DB2 for SAP instances.
As DB2 DBA Operational Specialist you are responsible for the daily operations and optimization of our customers DB2 databases. We share knowledge and back each other up in the day-to-day tasks and we strive for continuous development as a team and work place.
The team works closely together with our IT Operations Services division in Denmark , China and Philippines responsible for everything from infrastructure and applications to complete orchestration and support of our customers’ IT solutions. Our work processes are based on best practice and our procedures follow ITIL standards (IT Infrastructure Library).
Your primary tasks will be:
• Participate in the daily operations of incident, service and change request management
• Participate in on-call duty also on weekends
• Involved in consolidation, automation and performance optimization
• Documentation of operations and services
• Working closely with cross-functional teams across the organization including SAP, Server, Network, Storage/Backup etc.
• Monitoring and alerting on database health, availability, performance, storage
• Maintenance tasks like instance/database configuration, patching
Backup, restores and disaster recovery
• Collaboration with application teams on database security, query optimization and performance
• Supporting senior DBA’s in their tasks
• Documenting procedures for above responsibilities where/if needed
• Communication with customers where applicable
Your qualifications and experience
As a Junior DB2 Database specialist we expect you to have worked cca 1 year as a DBA in an operations role, (IBM Certified Database Administrator) or you have knowledge equalling. Have knowledge about the Unix (AIX) platform as well as knowledge on HADR. You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. You have strong analytical skills as well as a structured positive way of thinking.
• Experience in Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems essential
• Relational database knowledge
• Knowledge of SQL language is essential
• Experience in team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Excellent English written and communication skills
• Self-motivated with sharp attention to detail
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
Other desirable qualifications:
• Understanding of DB2 HADR and TSA
• Understanding of DB2 security
• Understanding of locking and isolation levels
• Experience in performance tuning and query optimization
• Understanding of DB2 architecture and utilities such as db2pd, db2top, reorg, runstats, db2dart, inspect, db2advis, db2expln and more
• Good programming skills for database management (ksh, bash, perl, powershell)
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per work day (55 CZK is covered by NNIT)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sport facilities in Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables on Mondays and Wednesdays
• Wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office on Mondays and Thursdays
• Height adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT outsourcing company with ambitious goals and 3 000 employees globally and around 300 employees in Czech Republic.
We supply IT services to the life science industry, large enterprises and the public sector - customers that demand high levels of quality and security. We take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own living our values every day. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, corporate events
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.