Oracle Database Administrator
We are looking for a new team member for our Oracle Service Operations. We will consider experienced candidates, so if you like to work with Oracle databases, do not hesitate to apply!
You will join our Database Operations team
The Database Operations department consists globally of 43 operation employees that are skilled in MS SQL, Oracle and DB2 and are offering both operational and consultancy support. Scheduled work outside normal business hours and on-site duty also on weekends (day time) may be expected in the future.
As Oracle Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the daily operations and optimization of our customers Oracle databases. We share knowledge and back each other up in the day-to-day tasks and we strive for continuous development as a team and work place.
The team works closely together with our IT Operations Services division in Denmark, responsible for everything from infrastructure and applications to complete orchestration and support of our customers’ IT solutions. Our work processes are based on best practice and our procedures follow ITIL standards (IT Infrastructure Library).
Your responsibilities as Oracle Database Administrator
• As Oracle Database Administrator in NNIT you will be part of our Oracle operation service team that handles the daily operation of more than +950 Oracle installations.
• Participate in the daily operations of incident, service and change request management
• Problem investigation, cooperation with other teams (Unix, Windows, backup, etc.) and communication with Oracle Support
• Perform regular DBA activities such as installations, user administration, disaster recovery scenarios, automation (OS and DB level) and performance tuning
• Occasional reporting, code debugging on PL/SQL and/or Unix level
• Documentation of new operations and services or their modification
• Provide guidance and counseling within NNIT or to the customers directly
• Extent your knowledge and expertise by self-studying
Your qualifications and experience
We expect that you have deep knowledge about Oracle’s database products (12c, 11G, 10G, OEM, RMAN and/or ExaData) as well as good knowledge about Unix, Linux, Windows, Network and Clustering technologies. It is your asset if you have OCP.
You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. You have strong analytical skills as well as a structured positive way of thinking. You speak and write fluent English.
You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. We can rely on you, you're independent and at the same time open to learning something new. You are continuously broadening your knowledge.
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per work day (55 CZK is covered by NNIT)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sport facilities in Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables from Monday to Thursday
• Wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office on Mondays and Thursdays
• Height adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT outsourcing company with ambitious goals and 3 000 employees globally and around 300 employees in Czech Republic.
We supply IT services to the life science industry, large enterprises and the public sector - customers that demand high levels of quality and security. We take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own living our values every day. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
Bucharova 2641/14, 2nd floor
158 00 Prague 5
Tel. +420 227 020 401
779 00 Olomouc
What we do
We are one of Denmark’s leading consultancies in IT development, implementation and operations.
With deep roots in the pharmaceutical industry, we supply services that meet the highest requirements for quality, security and standardization.
Today, NNIT has approximately 3,300 employees and offices in Denmark, China, the Czech Republic, Philippines, Switzerland, Germany and US.