Junior Unix Specialist for Security Log Management
We are looking for a Junior Unix Operation Specialist who will join our Security team in Prague. You will work in a multicultural environment and will also cooperate with our colleagues from Denmark, China, and the Philippines.
Your primary responsibilities will be (but not limited to) to manage security services infrastructure related to log management, installing its products (we do have the various installation as LogPoint, Splunk, ArcSight) and to continue improving NNIT‘s Managed Security Services portfolio.
We strive to provide solutions to the highest security standard for our customers so you will also be responsible for maintaining service quality, helping with the investigation of incidents, troubleshooting and participating in other security projects related to log management.
Your qualifications and experience
• 1 year of work experience in UNIX products
• Work experience as a sysadmin
• Experience in working with ITIL based delivery model
• Interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness
• Consulting skills, ability to communicate complex technical contents simply
• Experience in Shell/Perl scripting, security hardening, and security tools
• Hands-on experience with RHEL 6.x & 7.x, HPUnix, installation, configuration, administration, and upgradation.
• Routine Performance Analysis, Capacity analysis, security audit analysis reports to the customer for necessary planned changes
• User Accounts Management, Changes which require superuser or Administrator Privileges
• Installation and maintain knowledge of third party applications
• Change Management: Prepare Implementation, backout and test plan for Change records, Perform risk and impact analysis for changes
• Good understanding of Networking concepts like TCP/IP, DHCP, IP • Routing and Name Resolution
It is preferred that you have:
• Experience with Log management/SIEM (LogPoint, ArcSight, Splunk)
• Basic scripting for monitoring/automating the Sys admin activity
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Possibility to work from home
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (NNIT covers 55 CZK)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sport facilities in Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables from Monday to Thursday
• Wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office
• Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT outsourcing company with ambitious goals and 3 000 employees globally and around 300 employees in Czech Republic.
We supply IT services to the life science industry, large enterprises and the public sector - customers that demand high levels of quality and security. We take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own living our values every day. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o
Explora Jupiter building
Bucharova 2641/14, 2nd floor
158 00 Prague 5
What we do
We are one of Denmark’s leading consultancies in IT development, implementation and operations.
With deep roots in the pharmaceutical industry, we supply services that meet the highest requirements for quality, security and standardization.
Today, NNIT has approximately 3,300 employees and offices in Denmark, China, the Czech Republic, Philippines, Switzerland, Germany and US.