Advanced VMware Operations Specialist
We are looking for experienced and multi-skilled operations specialists for NNIT Global Operations with a broad knowledge of server infrastructure and storage domain operation.
You will be an important part of NNIT's global operations team, and your contribution will be the key to developing our near-shore activities. We work with operations in a professional and international environment with a constant focus on quality in the services delivered.
As a member of the Infrastructure Operations business unit, you will be responsible for the daily operational support and management of all aspects of the hypervisor environment (VMWare).
It includes the support and reporting on servers, terminal servers, application virtualization and local storage elements where applicable.
You must be able to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, configuration and operational problems across VMWare enterprise platforms.
In this role, you will provide technical expertise to the virtual platform and focus on continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the environment.
Together with your colleagues, you will work in the following areas:
• VMware vSphere, ESXi
• Windows PowerShell, VMware PowerCLI
• General knowledge about storage systems
We expect you to take responsibility for your work and to help ensure that NNIT is at the forefront of technological developments and continues to deliver the quality expected of our customers.
We feel it is important that you are always developing yourself both professionally and personally. We, therefore, focus on skills development with interesting work, relevant training, and certifications as well as personal development plans.
Your qualifications and experience
• You have the strong knowledge and experience with virtual environment VMware
• You have taken relevant courses and obtained relevant certifications in your field
• You have strong competencies in relation to incident handling and troubleshooting
• You communicate well in written as well as spoken English
In NNIT, we use server and storage platforms from various vendors, so it will be an advantage if you have a broad knowledge of the server and storage market.
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Possibility to work from home
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (NNIT covers 55 CZK)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sports facilities in the Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables from Monday to Thursday
• A wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office
• Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT outsourcing company with ambitious goals and 3 000 employees globally and around 300 employees in Czech Republic.
We supply IT services to the life science industry, large enterprises and the public sector - customers that demand high levels of quality and security. We take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own living our values every day. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
Bucharova 2641/14, 2nd floor
158 00 Prague 5
Tel. +420 227 020 401
779 00 Olomouc
What we do
We are one of Denmark’s leading consultancies in IT development, implementation and operations.
With deep roots in the pharmaceutical industry, we supply services that meet the highest requirements for quality, security and standardization.
Today, NNIT has approximately 3,300 employees and offices in Denmark, China, the Czech Republic, Philippines, Switzerland, Germany and US.