Storage / Backup Operations Consultant
You will be part of a highly skilled team of the Infrastructure & Platform Services Team in Prague. Infrastructure & Platform Services is a global team hence you will have daily interaction with colleagues located in Denmark, China, and the Philippines. We are a full-stack build team that is responsible for all project-related assignments, service and change requests, building agreed design solutions and handing over to our Global Operations team.
The team in Prague is growing and we are looking for a T-shape skilled and experienced Consultant with the ability to handle Storage and also Backup projects and tasks.
Besides Storage and Backup, you will also have colleagues around the world who are specialized within Windows, VMware, Unix/Linux/AIX/Solaris, Oracle, SQL, and Network. This gives a huge opportunity to work with professionals where you can broaden your technical knowledge, exchange ideas, collaborate and develop your
In our team, we transform a customer’s IT landscape. We focus on delivering on time, to the agreed quality and customer satisfaction. We work as one team, practice and appreciate the can-do attitude, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. We also believe that you should always be able to develop both professionally and personally whether this is by interesting and challenging work, training or certifications.
• Participating in both customer and internal projects
• Participating in customer on-boarding, transition, and transformations
• Technical advisory and consultancy in regards to Storage and Backup
• Solving assigned customized service requests, implementing changes and troubleshooting complex technical issues
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation such as Operation Manuals, technical procedures, guidelines, and project documentation
• Handing over the documentation to our Global Operations team and briefing them
We mainly work with these technologies:
- HPE 3PAR
- Brocade SAN (incl. BNA/CMCNE)
- Dell EMC Isilon
- Dell EMC Unity
- Dell EMC VPLEX
- Dell EMC VMAX-PowerMax
- Dell EMC ECS
Your qualifications and experience
• You have experience with managing and maintaining Storage environments
• You are passionate about server virtualization technologies and would like to continue to develop your technical skills
• You are experienced in SAN Implementation, administration, design and optimization
• When comes to Backup you have experience with managing and maintaining enterprise backup environments
• You have a knowledge of NetBackup, CommVault and Data Domain products
As a person you:
• Are solution-oriented and have a can-do attitude
• Are good at communicating and interacting with people
• Like to share your knowledge and help colleagues
It is your advantage if you:
• Have storage-related certifications
• Have the knowledge and hands-on experience with:
• Dell EMC VMAX, VPLEX, ISILON, VNX, Dell EqualLogic and Compellent, HP 3PAR and large Brocade or Cisco fiber channel fabrics
• TSM, Backup Exec or EMC Networker
• Unix, Linux, Virtualization, and Network
• Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
• You communicate well in English; both oral and written
• You have an understanding of the ITIL framework and are used to work with Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Possibility to work from home
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (NNIT covers 55 CZK)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sport facilities in Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables from Monday to Thursday
• Wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office
• Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT outsourcing company with ambitious goals and 3 000 employees globally and around 300 employees in Czech Republic.
We supply IT services to the life science industry, large enterprises and the public sector - customers that demand high levels of quality and security. We take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own living our values every day. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o
Explora Jupiter building
Bucharova 2641/14, 2nd floor
158 00 Prague 5
What we do
We are one of Denmark’s leading consultancies in IT development, implementation and operations.
With deep roots in the pharmaceutical industry, we supply services that meet the highest requirements for quality, security and standardization.
Today, NNIT has approximately 3,300 employees and offices in Denmark, China, the Czech Republic, Philippines, Switzerland, Germany and US.