DB2 / PostgreSQL / My SQL / Mongo DB Database administrator
Your responsibilities as database administrator
As a Database Administrator in NNIT you will be part of our Database Operation team that handles the daily operations ensures smooth operation of databases supporting SAP and standalone databases.
Your primary tasks will be:
• Participate in the daily operations of incident, service and change request management
• Participate in on-call duty also on weekends
• Involved in consolidation, automation and performance optimization
• Documentation of operations and services
• Working closely with cross-functional teams across the organization including SAP, Server, Network, Storage/Backup etc.
• Monitoring and alerting on database health, availability, performance, storage
• Maintenance tasks like instance/database configuration, patching
• Backup, restores and disaster recovery
• Collaboration with application teams on database security, query optimization and performance
• Supporting senior DBA’s in their tasks
• Documenting procedures for above responsibilities where/if needed
• Communication with customers where applicable
Your qualifications and experience
As a Database specialist, we expect you to have worked a least 2+ years as DB2 DBA in an operations role, (IBM Certified Database Administrator) or knowledge equalling. Have knowledge about the Unix (AIX) platform as well as knowledge on HADR. You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. You have strong analytical skills as well as a structured positive way of thinking.
• Experience in Unix/Linux/Window operating systems essential
• Relational database knowledge
• Knowledge of SQL language is essential
• Understanding of locking and isolation levels
• Experience in team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Excellent English written and communication skills
• Self-motivated with sharp attention to detail
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Other desirable qualifications:
• Understanding of DB2 HADR and TSA
• Understanding of DB2 security
• Good programming skills for database management
o ksh, bash, perl, powershell, python
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
You will join our Database Team
The Database Operation department consist globally of 50+ operation employees that are skilled in MS SQL, Oracle, DB2 and are offering both operational and consultancy support. Your new team is part of Database Operations, which handle 1st,2nd and 3rd level task for DB2 / PostgreSQL/My SQL/ Mongo DB.
As DBA Operational Specialist you are responsible for the daily operations and optimization of our customers DB2/PostgreSQL/My SQL/Mongo DB databases. We share knowledge and back each other up in the day-to-day tasks and we strive for continuous development as a team and work place.
The team works closely together with our IT Operations Services division in Denmark, China and Philippines responsible for everything from infrastructure and applications to complete orchestration and support of our customers’ IT solutions. Our work processes are based on best practice and our procedures follow ITIL standards (IT Infrastructure Library).
• 5 weeks of vacations/year
• 5 sick days/year
• Flexible working hours
• Possibility to work from home
• Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
• Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (NNIT covers 55 CZK)
• Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sport facilities in Czech Republic
• Free breakfasts on Fridays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
• Free fruits and vegetables from Monday to Thursday
• Wide selection of tea and coffee for free
• Yoga classes in the office
• Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and table tennis
• Czech and Danish language lessons
• Annual flu vaccination for free
Make your mark
Join an international team of talented colleagues who care for our customers’ IT as if it were our own. We simply aim higher and try harder – in our deliveries, our processes and our customer relations.
You’ll be part of a culture with room for independent thinking and individual responsibility, grounded in the Nordic principles of openness, trust, honesty and respect.
NNIT offers some of the most challenging digitization projects in the IT industry. You’ll help deliver high-impact, high-quality solutions and services that transform the way our customers, private and public, do business. Along the way, you’ll be deeply encouraged to influence your own career development.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, sick days, occasional work from home, individual schedules of working hours, international conferences
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactNNIT Czech Republic s.r.o.
158 00 Praha-Nové Butovice
NNIT Czech Republic s.r.o
Explora Jupiter building
Bucharova 2641/14, 2nd floor
158 00 Prague 5
What we do
We are one of Denmark’s leading consultancies in IT development, implementation and operations.
With deep roots in the pharmaceutical industry, we supply services that meet the highest requirements for quality, security and standardization.
Today, NNIT has approximately 3,300 employees and offices in Denmark, China, the Czech Republic, Philippines, Switzerland, Germany and US.